Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Question and Review of new outfits.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How many trading cards came with Molly's bathsuit? I got 3, but my lawn party outfit and my midsummer outfit both had 4, so I am wondering if it I was supposed to have 4.

    Now reviews:
    Samantha's Lawn Party: Beautiful Dress! It is a little wrinkly, but I will hang it and see if I can get it out. My absolute favorite part is the hat. It is just incredible and has great detail. The croquet mallet and ball are wooden and very cute. The wicket is metal with plastic flowers on it. The flowers kind of make it look cheap. But this outfit is worth the price. I agree with the poster who said she needs matching shoes, because black doesn't look good. Guess I will have to get matching shoes... (The trading cards are cute, but kind of silly. Not like how I remember AG cards)

    Kirsten's Midsummer- Very pretty dress. I like it a lot. It didn't come with regular hair ribbons, but with a thing of flowers to tie to her braids. They are nice. Also comes with a plastic/metal (I don't remember which) basket and flowers for it. Very nice. And came with 4 cards.

    Molly's Swimsuits- This has pleased me beyond my wildest dreams! The swimsuit is beautiful and great material. The shoes are so cute they might beat out the jellies I have as my favorite AG shoes. The towel is thick and soft. The sunglasses and necklace are adorable. I didn't blow up the beachball, but it is cute. And all for the price of one dress. AMAZING!

    Felicity's hat and brocade slippers- I bought these because they are going to be bundled and I have the dress. I am glad I have them to match the dress but can't figure out how to tie the hat so it stays on. I know it should be tied behind her head, but can't get it right. I think the shoes are ugly. But they match the outfit, so she probably will like them.

    Felicity's undergarments- How do you put these on correctly? I did the stays and the larger pockets. Is there just an extra pocket for when you want a flatter look to the dress? The pockets that puff out the skirt really add to the look. And maybe the stays will help with PM chubbyness in some of the newer outfits. The funniest part is that the brochure that came with it advertised the trunk and winter amusements as available in the catalog.

    So let me repeat: GET MOLLY'S SWIMSUIT IT IS INCREDIBLE.

    I will be posting an album of all this shortly.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    Felicity's hat and brocade slippers- I bought these because they are going to be bundled and I have the dress. I am glad I have them to match the dress but can't figure out how to tie the hat so it stays on. I know it should be tied behind her head, but can't get it right. I think the shoes are ugly. But they match the outfit, so she probably will like them.

    Felicity's undergarments- How do you put these on correctly? I did the stays and the larger pockets. Is there just an extra pocket for when you want a flatter look to the dress? The pockets that puff out the skirt really add to the look. And maybe the stays will help with PM chubbyness in some of the newer outfits. The funniest part is that the brochure that came with it advertised the trunk and winter amusements as available in the catalog.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the reviews!

    For a child, the hat can be tied under the chin or behind the head. You'll want to have her hair in a ponytail and tie the bow under the ponytail holder/ribbon. Put Felicity's feet between your thighs, and turn her upside down, face down. Flop the ponytail toward the floor, place the hat on her head, bring the ribbons toward you and then you should be working with the bow making job facing you. (Man, does that make any sense?)

    It is also correct to tie the hat so the sides are near her ears; I've actually never seen a woman or child at a reinactment with the hat as large as Felicity's straight out to the sides.

    There is a album around on how to put on the undergarments but I don't have it bookmarked. A search should produce it. The basic order is stays with the laces in the back, and then the other two pieces tied around the waist, or just a pinch below (depending on how long-bodied your Felicity is). I put the pocket on last, but I don't know if that's really "correct" or if it matters. I try to tie one to the left of Felicity's spine and one to the right so the back of her dress doesn't lay funny on all the bows in one place.

    Have fun with all your new goodies!
    Heather

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Turning her upside down over the hat is a great idea. I hadn't thought of that!

    Thanks for the detailed explanation.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is how I put the undergarments on (no idea if this is "correct", but it works for me):

    1) Have her shift as the bottom layer.
    2) Tie her pocket with the bow on one side.
    3) Tie on her pocket hoops with the bow on the other side from the first bow (so as to avoid weird lumps).
    4) Put on her stays, using them to flatten out the ties from the other pieces and keep down the neckline of the shift (so it won't show when you put a dress on).

    I put the pocket under the hoops because they have a slit you can reach through into the pocket; however, I'm not sure that's the "right" way to do it. At any rate, I don't think she was supposed to put stuff into the hoops; they were for "the look," and the other pocket is for storage.

    - Becca

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do the other girl's undergarments add as much to the look of the doll as Lissie's? Her dresses look great with the pocket hoops under them.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, so caught up in my undergarment instructions, I forgot to thank you for the reviews. I have Molly's swimsuit and love it also. Unfortunately, it's at home and I'm not, so I can't check the trading cards thing for you. I don't think they all come with 4 cards, though, so you're probably ok.

    A note on the trading cards - I like that the outfits come with *something* to justify their existence, but I much prefer having them be in actual stories than just getting snippets on a trading card. I know not all the original outfits had stories, but they were generally still integrated into the original books. The short story sets are one of my favorite concepts AG has come up with. I wish they would make more.

    - Becca

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have any of the other historicals, but from what others have said I think Addy's make a pretty big difference, but not the other sets.

    - Becca

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •